With over 18 years of business experience with some of the world’s top corporations and over 10 years of legal experience, Michael K. W. Nolan, is the Founder and Managing Member of the Law Office of Michael K.W. Nolan, a full service law firm.
Mr. Nolan is licensed to practice law in both New Jersey and New York. Mike has served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Rutgers Law School in Newark, New Jersey and faculty advisor for the Rutgers Law School National Trial Team. Mr. Nolan received the Order of the Barrister for trial excellence in law school, has been a member of the Rutgers Law School Alumni Executive Council; and served as a Faculty Member for the New Jersey Board of Education, Adult Education Program.
During his legal career Mike has served as both a Public Defender and Conflicts Prosecutor, been appointed by the Superior Court of New Jersey as Guardian Ad Litem, Condemnation Commissioner, and Early Settlement Panelist.
He is a Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, sitting on the Ethics Committee; is a Member of the International Alliance of Holistic Attorneys, and Ocean County Bar Association. Mike also serves on the Advisory Board for Sovereign Bank.
Mike is a Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America; has been a repeated Guest Speaker on WOBM Radio, Inside the Law; and has been active in the Monmouth Ocean Development Council and Shore Professional Business Association.
Mr. Nolan’s education includes a Biomedical Engineering degree from Boston University and his law degree from Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey. His practice areas include corporate/business transactions, civil and criminal litigation, real estate and family law.
- Born Jersey City, NJ, September 8, 1956
- Admitted to bar, New Jersey 1995, New York 1996.
- Boston University (B.S. Biomedical Engineering 1978)
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark (J.D. 1995)
- Recipient, Order of the Barrister
- Intern for the United States Bankruptcy Court (District of New Jersey – Newark 1994)
- Member of the Adjunct Faculty of Rutgers University School of Law (1996-1998)
- Faculty Advisor, Rutgers University School of Law National Mock Trial Team (1996-1999)
- Condemnation Commissioner (Appointed by the Superior Court, Ocean County, NJ) 1996 -
- Panelist, Early Settlement Matrimonial Panel 1997 -
- Family Court Guardian Ad Litem (Appointed by the Superior Court, Ocean County, NJ) 2001 -
- Member, International Alliance of Holistic Attorneys (1996 – )
- Municipal Court Public Defender (1999-2000)
- Municipal Court Conflicts Prosecutor (2000–2001)
- Member and Panel Chair, District Attorney Ethic Committee, 2005-
- Member, Sovereign Bank Advisory Board, 2005-
- Eagle Scout
- Member, Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
- Faculty Member, New Jersey Board of Education Adult Education (1988–1992)
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Repeated Guest Speaker – WOBM Radio, Inside the Law
- Member, Monmouth Ocean Development Council (1997–1999)
- Member and President, Shore Professional Business Association
- Member, Rutgers University School of Law Alumni Council (1997-1999)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar and the Ocean County Bar; eighteen years of corporate business experience
- Founder: Nolan, Turnbach & Kerr; Nolan & Associates, Attorneys at Law.